Dubai is a dream place of many remote workers out there. It is one of those places in the Middle East that attracts most business people, entrepreneurs, and digital nomads from various regions of the world. The important reason behind it is that “Dubai is a tax-free state.”
There is another little world that exists in Dubai. For instance, its cuisines offer the taste of almost every region worldwide. The growing environment and friendly coworking spaces are why today, Dubai is among the best states for remote workers.
Now coming to the cost of living, Dubai has one of the world’s most expensive and luxurious apartments; therefore, the cost of living is also high. If you’re already financially strong, move your steps toward Dubai. Otherwise, you’ll end up falling.
There are a lot of activities to do in Dubai, and freelancers won’t feel bored at any moment. Skydiving and scuba diving are one of the famous adventures of Dubai. Moreover, remember to make your soul meet the soothing and mild climate of the desert. Put Dubai on your bucket list. As the bulk of adventurous and valuable stuff is waiting for you.
What is a Digital Nomad Visa?
Nowadays it’s becoming more accessible for all remote workers to work from various countries rather than only residing in their own country. And this all is possible through the “Digital Nomad Visa.” This remote visa lets you stay and work in your respective country for almost a year.
As a result, you unveil a massive pool of work opportunities and learn valuable stuff from diverse cultures. Furthermore, you have to meet the eligibility criteria of the remote visa you’re applying for, and you’re good to go.
Most importantly, while applying for a digital nomad visa, make sure that you’re financially sound to meet the living expenses of the country that you’re willing to go to.
Is Dubai a good Country for Digital Nomads?
Dubai is one of those countries around the planet that is rapidly expanding in the community of digital nomads and freelancers. Most remote workers prefer staying in Dubai over the USA because it gives an almost equal lifestyle to that of the USA at a cheaper cost.
As it opens tons of opportunities for freelancing mavens. Therefore around 65% of the remote workers and entrepreneurs are working in Dubai. Moreover, the environment of Dubai is mesmerizing, and you’ll eventually fall in love with it. You’ll learn work-life balance, and working under the umbrella of other digital nomads will result in positive relations.
Everything is perfect in Dubai, from the internet to food and accommodation to transport. Getting a Dubai Digital Nomad Visa is easier than getting remote visas from other countries. If you’re thinking of a place for nomadism, choose Dubai without any second thought, and you’ll be proud of your decision.
Documents Required for Dubai Digital Nomad Visa
Here is the list of documents that you need for Dubai’s remote permit. Keep in mind that you have to submit every paper in Arabic.
- It would help if you had a passport with a validity of at least six months.
- You need an application for Dubai’s Work Remotely Programme.
- A payment report and bank statements are necessary as they provide substantial proof of your earnings.
- You must submit documents showing proof of employment and at least a one-year contract with your client.
- UAE health insurance is a must-have.
- You have to give accommodation proof to ensure that you have a residence in Dubai.
You have to meet the following eligibility criteria to attain the freelancer visa.
- If you’re applying as a freelancer, your monthly income should be $3,500.
- For a business owner, the monthly income eligibility criteria are $5,000.
- You must have accommodation in Dubai
- Most importantly, your clients must be outside UAE.
- Your bank statements must be at least three months old.
Dubai Digital Nomad Visa Cost
If we talk about the application fee, then it’s $81. But for Dubai Digital Nomad Visa, you must also submit the processing fee, Emirates ID card, and medical examination. Therefore the entire cost is around $611. (This fee is nonrefundable in case your application gets rejected).
Dubai Digital Nomad Visa Income Tax
Fortunately, Dubai charges zero tax on self-employed people. Dubai is 100% a tax-free country. For this very reason, it attracts many business owners and people from other fields.
How to apply for Dubai Digital Nomad Visa?
Here is a step-by-step guide on applying for “Dubai’s Work Remotely Programme”:
- First, you must go to the official website of Dubai’s remote work visa.
- Apply all the details and documents mentioned in the application form and submit the visa fee.
- You’ll receive an email within six to seven days from the authority.
- Now, wait for a few days. They’ll send you further instructions as the process proceeds.
- After your application gets approved and reviewed by “Dubai Tourism and commercial marketing travel partner Al Rais Travel Agencies LLC,” Your visa will be approved.
Benefits of Working as a Digital Nomad in Dubai
Dubai is a fantastic place if you want to enjoy nomadism in the true sense. So here are some perks of being a digital nomad in Dubai.
- Dubai is ranked among the top 35 safest countries on the planet. You can stay out for the night without any hesitation. The government of Dubai has made every possible step so that the tourists and residents can roam freely in the city without caring about the time.
- We can’t deny the truth that Dubai is one of the most luxurious and expensive cities to live in. But as a result, people enjoy a high-quality lifestyle there.
- Dubai has fast internet, and the city is surrounded by many places that offer free WiFi. Moreover, the average internet speed in Dubai is 118.52 Mbps.
- Now coming to the cost of food in Dubai and fortunately, the food in Dubai is budget-friendly, and you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner for $40-$50.
- Dubai is a hub of career opportunities. You can meet skillful people there and learn valuable ways to boost your business too.
- You’ll feel vibrant all your time in Dubai as there are a lot of activities to do. Therefore Dubai won’t make you feel dull. Hence in this diverse land, you can enjoy beaches and the mild climate of the desert.
- You’ll find numerous ideal cafes and coworking spaces. Thus you can easily choose what suits you the best.
- You’re free from the shackles of tax in Dubai. That’s why it is the top priority of freelancers looking for a nomadic region.
Best Places for Digital Nomads in Dubai
Dubai has tons of places and cafes for digital nomads. But here is the list of those with the best facilities and you can find a lot of activities to do here.
A place lined with beaches that evokes the adventure and excitement of its visitors. This is one of the refreshing spots for digital nomads. You’ll find well-furnished apartments in Jumeirah, and Airbnb’s per-month rent starts from $1,494-$3,000. Though it’s expensive, if you’ve enough to afford it, this place is worth visiting.
Moreover, there are numerous fantastic restaurants such as Summerslam and The Palmery. Here you’ll find almost every kind of food with the best taste. Scuba diving and Marina Yacht Cruise are some favorite activities you should only return to enjoy. The internet speed is fast, and you’ll find free WiFi available in most of Jumeirah’s cafés or working spaces.
Downtown Dubai is also another luxurious area. If you’re happy in crowded areas and they make you feel more vibrant, downtown Dubai would be a perfect choice. The place has many sightseeing locations. The best part is that Burj Khalifa is situated near downtown. Hence you can imagine how much hustle and bustle downtown Dubai would be dealing with.
The largest mall in Dubai is also downtown, a hub of diverse restaurants, apartments, and cafes. Its coworking spaces like “Letswork” and “my office” are also super friendly. Moreover, its famous underwater zoo will make you feel like you’re in another world. But the drawback of living downtown is its noisy environment. Sometimes there is a lot of traffic. Therefore if your work doesn’t get distracted by traffic and crowds, then downtown would be a great choice.
If you’re taking your family with you on a Dubai digital nomad visa, then Al Quoz would be a perfect place to live. There are many affordable apartments and villas for families. After living in Al Quoz, you don’t have to worry about your children’s school or playing area. Many schools and parks surround Al Quoz.
This spot in Dubai is much better and more peaceful if you prefer quiet areas. And of course, there isn’t any internet problem. Al Quoz has many restaurants where you’ll find any cuisine. Additionally, skydiving and shopping are one of the favorite activities you can do while you stay in that place.
Business Bay is a hub of businessmen and entrepreneurs from all over the world. Hence, living around these people and meeting with them will teach you about various business opportunities.
Being a business-centered area, it is costly. Hence if you have sound financial income, then business bay would be an ideal place to live in Dubai. The location is peaceful, and you’ll find many coworking spaces, especially “Unbox Community,” which is one of the favorite spots of digital nomads.
Bur Dubai is a clear representation of Dubai’s culture. This place has a unique charm and peace to offer its visitors. Therefore, being a digital nomad in Dubai, Bur Dubai is for you if you love to be around cultural sites and art galleries. Moreover, the apartments here are also expensive ranging from $2,000-$3,000 per month.
Bur Dubai has many parks where you can renovate yourself. Most importantly, don’t forget to visit “Creek Park” and “Meena Bazar”(a true reflection of Emirati culture). Have you ever dreamt of swimming with dolphins? So now turn your dream into reality, and absolutely in the Dubai dolphinarium, you can swim with dolphins too. This place is indeed a hub of joy.
Best Coworking Spaces for Remote Workers in Dubai
Dubai, as a whole, is an incredible place for remote workers. But here are suggestions for some unique coworking spaces you can choose to work in.
- A4 Space.
- myOffice Business Centers.
- City Walk.
What is the cost of living in Dubai?
Dubai is luxurious; therefore, the cost of living in Dubai is around $3,500.
What is the internet speed in Dubai?
Dubai has one of the fastest internet speeds in the world, 118.52 Mbps.
How long is the processing time for the Dubai Digital Nomad Visa?
After submitting your documents, it takes about five to seven days for Dubai’s Remote Visa processing.
More Middle East countries with Digital Nomad Visa.
Here are some other Middle Eastern countries that offer digital nomad visas.
Can your family join you on a Dubai digital nomad visa?
You can bring your family with you on your Dubai Remote Work Visa. For this, you have to submit all details of your family in your application.
Dubai is swiftly making its space the top destination of digital nomads after European Countries. Hence don’t hesitate to apply for a remote work visa in Dubai. Moreover, what could be more incredible than being surrounded by a group of successful business tycoons and entrepreneurs in Dubai.